Tuesday 5 February 2013

Lora

This is Lora, the parrot of my mother-in-law. In the beginning we believed that it was male, but then thought it was female and it was so. She just hates all men on Earth. All. Only women can try to touch her. She always runs, literally, after us (me and my husband) when we are at my mother-in-law’s house, because she doesn’t fly so she jumps from the cage to the floor and chases Adriano, to peck him. She is also extremely territorial; i.e. no touching the sink, or oven, or refrigerator because she is extremely jealous of my mother-in-law and gets very angry. I was always afraidof her, but last December she decided to become my friend and I decided to lose fear of her. I let her come on my shoulder and she was happy, singing and talking while I spoke. I think her colors are sensational, she has some shades of green impossible to copy; I then tried to paint as close as possible to reality, including the textures of the feathers. I sent this painting by post to mymother-in-law and the disrespectful postmen folded it, ignoring my warnings on the outside that were both in English and Portuguese. This drawing now is framed and on the wall of my mother-in-law’s house.

Este desenho é a Lora, o papagaio da minha sogra. No comeco acreditávamos que era macho, mas depois achamos que era femea e assim ficou. Ela simplesmente detesta todos os homens da Terra. Somente as mulheres podem tentar tocá-la. Ela sempre correu – literalmente – atrás de mim e do Adriano (meu marido) quando eu ia na casa da minha sogra, porque ela nao voa, entao ela desce a gaiola até o chao e corre atrás principalmente do Adriano pra bicá-lo. Ela também e extremamente territorialista, ou seja, nao toque na pia da minha sogra, ou no fogao, ou na geladeira, porque ela tem ciúmes incontrolado da minha sogra e fica bem brava. Eu sempre tive medo dela, mas em Dezembro do ano passado ela resolveu ficar minha amiga e eu também resolvi perder o medo dela. Deixei ela vir no meu ombro e ela ficou feliz, cantava e falava ao mesmo tempo em que eu falava. Eu acho as cores dela sensacionais, ela tem umas tonalidades de verde impossíveis de copiar entao tentei pintar o mais próximo possível do real e fazer as texturas das penas. Esse eu mandei por correio pra minha sogra e o carteiro fez o favor de dobrá-lo, ignorando os avisos em ingles e portugues que estavam do lado de fora do envelope. Hoje o desenho esta enquadrado e na parede da casa da minha sogra.
 


1 comment:

  1. A Lora é muito linda! Quem sabe ela resolveu ser sua amiga pelo fato de você ter perdido o medo dela... :))

    ReplyDelete